ADVERTISEMENT

What are your Top 5 K-State Basketball Uniforms of all-time?

scottwildcat

All-Big 12 performer
Gold Member
Aug 22, 2016
so i'm only 29, so the first basketball uniforms I really remember are the ones in the Wooly Era. They were basic, but I'll never forget those purple uniforms on the floor in Allen Fieldhouse beating KU.

But here are my top 5

1) Script Wildcats. Its a great modern "fauxback" that does call back to some of the uniforms we wore in the 70s and 80s. The lavender trim is so great on these. I just can't get over how hot these are. I really kind of wish we could just make these the default homes. I don't dislike the base uniforms like some do. (@Baller-Status I believe hates them), But these are just amazing.
5dea8375c5423.image.jpg

2) The original Two Tones. We have done new spins on it. We have done great recreation/throwback (the current ones are the best of the recreations). Its historic, It's unique. I love them.
Sports_Illustrated_70930_19810323_001_2048.jpg

3) The original Big Game Greys. This was our first in uniform we got under the Nike Hyper Elite program. It had he embossed design on the back of the uniform with the wildcat/powercat hybrid logo, the limestone fence around campus and "WABASH" which was supposed to be EMAW but Kirk's wife put a stop to that. I know the grey uniforms have been controversial, but I went WILD when they came out on Big Monday vs Baylor in those for the first time. Yes it showed a ton of sweat, but I really liked them.
GettyImages-141387136.0.jpg

images

4) The Racing Stripe Black Uniforms. These have been the sharpest of our black uniforms. Classic, Clean. We moved away from the cat scratches, which I loved, (spoiler, i think that will be the next one). I know some didn't like the move to making black the base away uniforms in the back end of the Beasley year, but these bad boys were NICE. The racing strip detailing on the shorts up to the jersey was the perfect accent to this uniform.
NCAA+Basketball+Tournament+Omaha+First+Round+yxPS3z1IUOXl.jpg

5) The Purple Cat Scratch. These didn't get as much fanfare as the black ones, and I think we wore the white ones more than any of the 3, but I always thought the Purple was the best of any of them. It is very busy, and had black and white detailing. It isn't clean at all, but man did I go wild for this design.
1211770967.jpg
Pullen_bw-683x1024.jpg

HM: the current two tones, The all lavenders, the other 2 cat scratch uniforms, the white racing track.

What were your favorites?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News