ADVERTISEMENT

Basketball What I'm hearing: A potential pivot

D

Derek Young

As some have alluded to, I have heard from three separate sources since yesterday evening expressing some pessimism on if a deal could get done between Kansas State and Underwood. Kansas State has met what was believed to be the financial desires but confidence waned at some point yesterday that he would budge.

If something were to still happen, and I don't think it's off the table, it would probably require him reconsidering his stance. Again, I'm not sure any discussions are completely over at this point, but another shake-up would have to happen to reverse the current course into a better one.

With that being said, the good news would be that they should be in a position to land Baylor assistant Jerome Tang as their choice if he indeed is their next top option like many believe, including myself. He's been tied to many of the SEC openings, but neither appear ready to strike on him unless everyone is missing it.

LSU is big-game hunting like they always do and Matt McMahon seems to be a favorite for most of the institutions. There's also whispers now that Tang may have reservations with the SEC, too.

As always, things can change in a flash. So stay tuned.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News