ADVERTISEMENT

'17 PF/C Levi Stockard

Underdog Wildcat

On the depth chart
Gold Member
Jul 17, 2006
Stockard is a 6'8" 250 post prospect from St. Louis (Vashon HS). Playing AAU ball for the Gateway Basketball Club (GBC) this spring, Stockard has earned offers from KSU, Cincy, Marquette, New Mexico, Missouri St, Illinois St and others. On the Adidas Circuit, he has helped GBC to a 5-3 record while averaging 9 pts (on 65% FGs) and 5 boards per game.

Stockard appears to have a similar athletic background to DJ Johnson in that both were successful HS football players who were also able to garner numerous HM offers in hoops. At this point, Stockard's HUDL highlights are for football (playing DE and TE linked below) and the best I can tell, his only Rivals profile at this point is for football. I understand the football highlights are not going to be directly translatable to the evaluation of his hoop game, but you can see that he has a solid build and moves well for his height and weight.

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/6341688/highlights/336104887

Stockard has clearly also shown a lot of promise on the hardwood, maybe a little overlooked, and I'm glad KSU was 1 of the 1st HM schools to offer him. His recruitment will be interesting to track over the next several months and into his SR yr of HS. Linked below is a scouting report about Stockard playing for his Vashon HS team this past season:

"Stockard was very impressive carving out space on the block for buckets and snagging rebounds on both ends. Stockard has a great feel for the PF position and once he receives the ball it is very difficult for defenses to contain his 6ft8 260lb frame. Stockard is an under the radar prospect who could move into the national radar this year."

http://www.northernexposurepreps.com/blog/?p=1794

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News