ADVERTISEMENT

A few more student traditions I'd like to see killed.

Ahearn~Echo

All-Big 12 performer
Dec 20, 2005
1: The Newspapers. When the students tear them up and throw them in the air it can get pretty messy. I also saw somebody get a little piece in their eye one time and they could have been seriously injured. Also, somebody might fall down. Crowd safety first.

2: The "So What", "Who Cares" chants during the pregame intros for the opposing team. Those are pretty mean things to say and what if somebody's feelings were hurt?

3: The Cutout Giant Heads. There are actual people with large heads. I saw one (a real person with a giant head) at a basketball game once. He probably isn't too happy and possibly self conscious when the students hold up these giant heads.

4: Airball Chants: These need to stop. Do we really think Buddy Hield meant to miss the basketball hoop entirely? He feels bad enough about it and our students don't need to remind him.

I'm not saying these are the only four student section activities that should banned and enforced by a stern show of military-style force. There are probably many more, but it's a step in the right direction as we create a #ModelIntercollegiatestudentsectionexperience that we all can be proud of.

P.S. The faux ESPN broadcasters are fine. They can stay. And they can continue being extremely adorable.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News