ADVERTISEMENT

Basketball recruiting A little more on 2020 PF Max Murrell

G

Grant Flanders

It’s not everyday a prospect gets nine offers in less than 24 hours, but under the radar big man out of Omaha, NE Max Murrell did just that at the Midwest Showcase in Liberty, Missouri over the weekend.

He went into the the event with five total offers none from the Power Five schools and finished the day with 15 total and four Power five offers (Kansas State, Minnesota, Virginia Tech, and most recent TCU) and still more coming in.

Kansas State Associate Head Coach Chris Lowery was at the showcase. “Coach (Bruce) Weber called me last night after Coach Lowery came and watched."

I made his profile and still need to get it fixed as I put him down as a center. He assured me he is a 6’9 skilled stretch 4. After watching some tape, he’s not afraid to bully up someone down low even with a slight frame and he has decent touch from outside. You gotta love the lefty. He's also adept shot blocker too.

When talking to him I got the sense that right now Loyola, William and Mary, and Virginia Tech lead the way. The K-State coaching staff just recently started a relationship with him and I expect it to grow.

Also obviously being from Omaha and getting an offer from Creighton is something to watch too. He didn't bring them up explicitly but that tweet got more likes and retweets than any other.

One of his most recent offer came from Minnesota, today. He is a guy who’s stock is certainly rising and I’m sure his offer sheet will continue to grow.

Maybe I am reading too much into this and it is complete speculation by but he tagged what I would guess to be his dad or uncle in his Minnesota offer tweet. And his dad/uncle has the Minnesota logo as his avatar. Obviously every relative wants their kid relative to go wherever their favorite school is but doesn't mean that is what they would chose. Just thought I'd point it out.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News