ADVERTISEMENT

another bruce weber recruiting thread (with stats!!!)

MRAcat

All-American performer
Mar 2, 2017
i'm of the belief that bruce is a really good game-day coach who makes up for his lack of recruiting. but there's been a push towards bruce isa n underrated recruiter

So, i wanted to try and create some numbers over his last 5 seasons (i meant to do 4 but accidentally did the 2014 season instead of the 2015 so, now it's 5).... I figured the single best way is to calculate the talent of a team is to use the big12 all conference teams. i know that's flawed for a variety of reasons, but, well, what else could you use? so.. i assigned points
4 - 1st team
3 - 2nd team
2 - 3rd team
1 - HM
1 bonus for POY

The list, which i'm sure is riddled with minor errors, looks like this

big12%20conf%20teams_zpslv4y1e9t.jpg

In this, K-State ranks t-5th with WVU....

other random notes, you can see the growth of both the kstate program with barry and wade... AND how much ridiculousness TTU has done.... also, the sheer schizophrenic nature of OU and lon.

we also have @ksufreak stats from yesterday, that show K-State has finished with the 5th best record over the last 4 years...

KU 69-21
Baylor 51-39
WVU 51-39
ISU 47-43
KSU 45-45
OU 44-46
Tech 43-47
Texas 39-51
OSU 33-57
TCU 28-62

Now.. you add in the recruiting rankings.. which i haven't compiled for the simple reason that it's hard to get year to year, because both 247 and rivals have a high bias towards bigger classes... but no matter, we all know where K-State ranks... right? They are the worst recruiting team, if you count top 50 signings.. top 150 signings... overall rankings.. whatever.. all last.

so, we reach an impasse at this point. You can suggest Bruce takes the 10th rated recruits and wins and therefore is an underrated recruiter... you could also (correctly) suggest it's about the program he's built, as evidenced by the ramp-up.. so, what's step 2 in this process??

you go back to step 1, and re-do it, counting only freshman for the teams.. and due to the lack of freshman, i added sophomores too... younger players making the big12 teams speaks far more to the talent of the player, and therefore the recruiting... more so than a system... so

Capture_zpsmvtyo67i.jpg

as you can see, K-State ranks last in frosh and sophomores making the team

i think... bruce is a program builder.. maybe a bit like gary pinkel, who had to build and build, then after a while, the misery train was rolling

so, like @Matt Hall said with @bornploopers ... imagine if bruce could add high level talent to fill in

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News