ADVERTISEMENT

Football Recruiting Aquinas at Blue Valley reaction/eval

D

Derek Young

Blue Valley's coach chose not to allow us to talk to players afterward so I wasn't able to receive a ton of information at the game. Just going to post some thoughts and evals.

BLUE VALLEY
2021 WR/LB/ATH Dorian Stephens:
He received an offer from K-State at camp over the summer. He played WR in Friday night's loss. He really only had two targets so it's pretty difficult and impossible to leave the game with much of an eval. On the two targets, one of the balls was thrown well behind him and the other was a little high, but catchable, and he didn't come down with it. He's a fluid athlete, but it's not clear what kind of speed he has yet. But he really looks the part. Despite them being blown out, he played hard all the way through. Even when down 41-0 late in 2nd quarter, he hustled down a ball on punt team to pin Aquinas inside their own 5.

2020 DE/OT Mason Richman: If you don't remember, he committed to Iowa before K-State could see him at camp. I think he's probably Blue Valley's best player. He was the most productive and active, but because Aquinas is so good, even he had his challenges. Richman made multiple plays in the backfield from his defensive end spot. He didn't play offensive tackle, but it should be his position in college and he's a very nice, long, lean athlete with a lot of fire and passion. He would fit in well at Kansas State in terms of what they like but I don't see him backing out of his pledge to the Hawkeyes, even if the 'Cats were to offer.

2021 QB Jake Wolff: I'm concerned that I probably saw him at his worst but he wasn't very good in this one. His decision-making was problematic and his fundamentals broke down at any sign of pressure from Aquinas' front. He does have enough arm strength to continue to get looks.

AQUINAS
2021 RB Tank Young:
I'll be honest, I saw him last season, and though he was super productive even then, I wasn't enamored with him. Iowa State has offered, and he was just okay at the camps we saw in the offseason. However, and maybe it's because it's a different setting, environment or the athletes around him, he looked different on Friday night. He was playing at a different gear than everyone else. He's still not the biggest guy but is a guy worth continuing to monitor.

2021 DT Caden Reeves: He's probably their prospect that I'm the most interested in seeing more of, the most. I think there's a chance he's an FBS player and maybe power five. He's got nice size for his age along the defensive line, he looks the part, seemed pretty athletic and more. I'll track his progress the rest of his season.

RECRUITING NOTES
- It's early but I like where K-State is in their relationship-building with Dorian Stephens. They also continue to show interest in Tank Young. Both will likely visit in October.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News