ADVERTISEMENT

areas needing improvement

opdoubled

New walk-on to the team
Gold Member
May 29, 2001
Like many on here I am stoked about this team. It's bringing back feelings I experienced in the late 90's. So to try to keep from getting ahead of myself I've been trying to come up with some areas needing improvement. For one Ertz needs to do a better job of placing the passes to Dimel and Valentine. He overthrew Valentine down the middle against FAU and then underthew the same pass against MSU. On the latter one he lucked out and got a touchdown out of it. Several times he has had Dimel wide open but the pass was low and Dimel fell down catching it eliminating what would have been very big YAC. He also overthrew the pop pass to him. I will add that his downfield passing to the WR's has been exceptional. I think several of the passes against Stanford that were broken up by pass interfenence were done so because the pass was on the money and the receiver had a step. Hopefully the officials will know how to call pass interference this weekend. It's also going to be interesting to see how our young left tackle Frantz holds up against a quicker DE. He has shown some suscpetibility to the pass rush at times and I anticipate WV will try to exploit that.

On the defensive side Barnett's tackling has been suspect at times. I do think he is due for an interception though. It will be interesting to see how they match up with a faster big 12 type offense but I am having a hard time coming up with deficiencies. Adams even showed shades of Mario Smith out there last week. I think this group has potential to be very special.

On special teams I am a little concerned about Mccrane. His extra points have looked great but that field goal attempt Saturday was just bad. Add the miss at Stanford and I hope this isn't the start of a trend.

I'm very optimistic about Saturday but am trying to keep things in perspective and am curious to hear what other's think Snyder will have them working on to get a little bit better this week.

Go Cats!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News