ADVERTISEMENT

Bannings

FITZ

All-American performer
May 29, 2001
Littlefoz is no longer with us. He went out in a giant flaming ball of hatred.

My apologies for not getting to this more quickly, but after a long week, I watched the K-State vs. Georgia game (during which the thread was created) and then after working until about 10, went home and hit the sack. I didn't see the numerous reports until I set up my computer at the game. I literally just missed the entire first quarter responding to reports on this, and a few other things some of which were hyper-sensitive reports from a certain member.

I apparently need to remind people that I am not on this board 24/7. I wasn't on here Friday night or Saturday morning, which I spent at home with the wife before going to work.

I also have banned another member for various reasons -- including the aforementioned abuse of the reporting privilege by sending me notice on stuff that often did not need to be reported -- but the final note was checking his IP addresses, which are so numerous that it can only mean there is massive sharing of the account going on. (Be warned, if you are doing this, we are getting new tools that will alert of this. So, if someone is still using your password, change it.) It's also a good indicator that if your account reports your own post for language, you're probably sharing your account.

Each one of these reports was addressed, taking time, which was clearly the purpose of the slew of reports. (More than half of all reports came from this person.) Also a good rule of thumb is don't go out of your way to be a jerk to administrators of any site.

Finally, a longtime customer of this site has canceled his account based on a group of users going out of their way to attack his posts. I just banned one user for revealing this person's name on the site, which is intolerable and a clear form of attempted intimidation. I will not put up with this ongoing attempt by a group of people to push off others with whom they do not agree.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News