ADVERTISEMENT

Brad Korn coming back to K-State

brettregan

On full scholarship
Jul 30, 2012
CBS Sports reporter Jon Rothstein first reported this morning that Missouri State assistant Brad Korn has been hired by Bruce Weber as an assistant to replace Alvin Brooks III at K-State. As many know, Korn has connections to Weber and associate head coach Chris Lowery, and was on K-State's staff in 2012-13.

This hire is incredibly underwhelming at this moment in time, in my opinion. Weber had a chance to make a splash hire with an up-and-coming assistant on the circuit and chose someone he could have gotten the moment Alvin put in his notice... a month later. Not to mention, doesn't have the Texas ties, has minimal K-State ties, and doesn't have much experience at the high-major level; all things Weber talked about as criteria. There were other interviews, but none of them panned out.

I imagine job security played a big part in this. This is basically a one-year contract to many and is it worth the risk to come to K-State? Obviously many didn't think it was. On the flip side, if said prospective coach didn't believe this program could be turned around under this staff, it's probably best they didn't come anyway.

K-State absolutely, 100 percent needed a recruiter. They didn't exactly get it.. I will try to see what Korn does this summer on the trail before making more judgements on the hire. But initially, it is very, very meh. And if is the direction Weber was thinking, he should have made the hire long ago.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News