ADVERTISEMENT

Briles - Bennet - Baylor

Powercat-80

On the depth chart
Nov 28, 2005
Austin TX
Trying to keep up with this thing, as it may very well get dicey for Briles before it is over. As has already been posted. But I guess I'm a bit saddened that Phil Bennet may be involved as well. It is difficult to believe that PB was not aware of the sexual assault allegations as some were on his side of the ball. You can say that all assistant coaches are just doing their job and it is ultimately the HC and administrations decision. But sexual assault is far from a "look the other way" kind of offense.

The other point. Art Briles is a masterful head coach and I am sure that much of Baylor's success is due to him, but it still takes players. Players that Baylor could never get prior, but now the talent seems to falling off the trees in Waco. Star QB after star QB. Massive linemen. Lightning fast receivers. The competition for players in Texas has not diminished. Yes, Texas is off a bit, but I can argue that it has gotten harder with A&Ms emergence and TCU's consistency. HMMM, why all of the sudden is Wacko TX so attractive? I wonder??

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News