ADVERTISEMENT

Children's Mercy

stevenjksu

Almost on scholarship
Jan 20, 2008
My wife and I had our 20 week ultrasound last Thursday and unfortunately there is an issue with the our child's heart. Immediately after the the screening the Doctor came in and referred us to Children's Mercy. Of course at this point they aren't giving us anything definitive, but it is clear that it is serious.

This is our first child and it has been quite a process. After having cancer in 2019, I can't have kids the old fashioned way, but we saved some of my stuff before chemo began. My wife has been going through IVF for nearly 2 years before getting pregnant at the end of the year. Needless to say, we are both wrecks right now.

I'm reaching out to see if Children's Mercy is where we should be, or if I need to look into any other options regarding providers. I will do whatever is necessary in that regard. Also, if anyone has similar stories that I can share with my wife, I would appreciate it. Many of our friends are pregnant or just had their first child and she definitely feels like she is on an island and I know she isn't. Tough times, but I appreciate this board as a place to get distracted from life for a little while.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News