ADVERTISEMENT

Could you be, would you be a tight end

Buster09

Almost on scholarship
Gold Member
Jan 4, 2011
Olathe, Kansas
The Wildcats have missed on some tight end prospects and we are left to wonder, will they find one in this class. Many of the names mentioned below I view more as high level depth types more than I view them as play makers or impact performers. However, in a year where everything is up in the air, finding a quality depth piece isn’t something to brush off.

Ty Robinson, (6-4/ 185), Centennial Colorado.
I included him for a specific reason. I take him over any name mentioned below. Push comes to shove, take the extra receiver this year and focus on tight end in future classes. Robinson is a far more dynamic player than anyone else listed. He’s also the only player on this list offered by the Wildcats.

Bo Sprague, (6-5/ 240), Kansas City Missouri
Local product, moves well and has good size. Plays as a traditional, in line tight end often, and appears to be a solid run blocker, though he leans into blocks, creating balance issues. Not a deep playmaker in the passing game but is a solid ‘in the box’ receiving type option. Rockhurst offense appears similar to what the Wildcats want to run. Plays for a local powerhouse high school in the KC area. Classic old school two way prospect.

Alec Palella, (6-5/ 220), Bartlett Illinois
A bit of current signee Will Swanson, has nice size and a decent combination of speed and wiggle. Lacks elite long speed, but shows awareness blocking both in space and inline. Appears to be comfortable catching the ball and runs decent routes. Lacks a high ceiling but is a solid depth contributor. Also plays defense.

Jack Witmer, (6-7/ 230), Cy-Falls Texas
Massive frame should allow for a lot of additional weight, could be an ideal second, blocking type tight end. Not overly explosive but does show ability in the receiving game and appears to have good hands. Probably could add weight and have a really nice sized blocking tight end and red zone threat. What does his recruitment look like without a senior year of football in Texas? Does hold offer from Iowa State (who doesn't)?

Jacob Pasley, (6-5/ 235), Sebring Florida
Intriguing prospect, has good size, is a nice run blocker both inline and in space, has lined up and ran pass routes both inline and out of the slot. Strong hands. Not fast, appears to be jogging but never accelerates. 40 listed at 4.8 and I believe that number is likely accurate. If he were quicker, he’d be a far more popular prospect.

Titan Fleischmann, (6-5/ 220), Pocatello Idaho
I have no idea if Kleiman’s staff has any experience recruiting the potato state, but Fleischmann is somewhat intriguing. Good size and some nice athleticism, plays through contact as a receiver and displays an ability to block in the open field. Limited athlete as a receiver. Better blocker than receiver, which could work for the Cats run first offense.

Grant McAtee, (6-4/ 205), Lees Summit Missouri
Has played a lot of receiver in high school. Popular name, has some nice athleticism, much more of a receiver than an actual tight end. Appears to have good speed, limited wiggle, routes are underwhelming. Will catch the ball in the crowd, use his body to shield defenders. Would like to see more blocking from him as a tight end

Tre Watson, (6-5/ 210), Rio Rancho New Mexico
Has good size, plays wide receiver currently, likely better as a tight end though will need help learning the blocking. Fluid athlete but does not appear to be overly explosive. Limited experience blocking and very little inline blocking. Classic over sized wide receiver that will eventually move to tight end, likely far to similar to current over sized receiver Brennan Hawkins

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News