ADVERTISEMENT

Court Storming and Sandstorm update

Ed NealyFanClub

New walk-on to the team
Oct 14, 2005
Kansas City, MO
John Currie loves the song Sandstorm and how it gets the crowd excited. Unfortunately because of the national and NCAA attention brought to the chant at last years' game a one year moratorium on playing that song was our consession. If the students can make it through the KU game without chanting F* KU, then order will be restored and Sandstorm will be brought back next year.

This week with all of the upsets, court storming is everywhere and the reason no one is getting into trouble (like we did) is that the opposing teams coaches are getting off the court quicker. Bill Self's complaint was that he was pinned to the scorers table and couldn't leave. It has nothing to do with anything else.

Personally I miss the song, I think the KU coach was being a whiner and I wish the students could come up with something funny and loud that doesn't embarrass the school on TV.
...but it was kinds funny for a second.

When I was there a hundred years ago, we had different chants for each opponent that kind of happened on game day...
against OU is was always "Billy. Billy, Billy" repreatedly until Tubbs would gesture back.
It was harmless but got in his head and drove him crazy.

Reactions: dkt76 and tonn25
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News