ADVERTISEMENT

Dear Gene, please go with the "no brainer"

gvillecat

All-Big 12 performer
Nov 1, 2001
Assuming that the Legend is going to tell his coaches this Tuesday that he's retiring (for family or health reasons). Well first assuming there is truly a big important meeting this Tuesday...ha.

Hiring Leavitt -OR- Venables is a NO Brainer.
It's like Nebraska hiring Scott Frost = NO Brainer.

The vast majority of all K-State fans would be extremely excited if K-State were to hire Leavitt or Venables.

I also believe that recruiting would receive a big shot in the arm by hiring Venables or Leavitt.
Leavitt has coached in the NFL, he knows Florida and California recruiting...
Venables is still one of the best recruiters in all of college football (he knows Florida & Texas).
Both understand the challenges to recruit to K-State.

The rumor of Craig Bohl talking to K-State is very troubling (IMO).
I would be very disappointed if K-State hired Craig Bohl.

Taylor ignores the "No Brainer" and hires his friend from North Dakota...NO NO NO
It would be a sock in the gut.

TRUTH = Success at FCS level does not guarantee success at the FBS level.
Bohl had a NFL QB at Wyoming this year and finished 5 & 3 in the MW conference.
And the Cowboys lost to San Jose State ( 2 & 11) to close out the regular season.
Oh yeah, Dimel had success at Wyoming ..ha ha.

And Bohl has a huge buyout number (6 million) ??? = are you kidding me.
And Bohl has never recruited to a Power 5 school... in fact, Bohl could actually hurt K-State's recruiting. Wyoming doesn't have one recruit with more than 2 stars... not one (currently has 20 commits).

Look, I beleive Craig Bohl is a good coach and who knows, he might do well at K-State.
But gosh darn it = when you have a "no brainer" in front of you, choose the "No Brainer".

I would be more disappointed if Taylor hired Bohl than I was when Currie hired Weber. How can I say this... well, we didn't have two "No Brainer" choices for basketball. There were very few that were tooting the Brad Underwood horn at the time Currie hired Weber (that came later).

GO STATE !!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News