ADVERTISEMENT

Fantasy League Advice - Long

Purple_Haze

A solid starter
Gold Member
Oct 18, 2001
I know there is a lot of good football knowledge on this board. I like getting insight whenever I can. Thought I would throw my Fantasy League thoughts out there to see what the thoughts out there are. Sorry this is so long.

Basics: 10 man Yahoo league, standard scoring, 2 rb, 2wr, 2 flex, te, qb, def, k - snake draft

My picks … 1, 20,21,40,41,60,61,80,81,100,101,120,121,140,141

First off, I know staying flexible is the best plan, but I like to speculate so I can think through player options ahead of time. I like to try to somewhat script my first 3 picks anyway.

Don’t really like having first pick, but I won the league last year and so I get that pick automatically. The thing that sucks is waiting until everyone else picks twice until I get to go again (had to do this last year too).

With the first pick, my lean is Leveon Bell followed by Marshawn Lynch then Adrian Peterson. Thoughts?

I think missing Leveon two games is acceptable for getting a younger body at RB1. Marshawn doesn’t miss much PT, but isn’t getting any younger. AP could go batsh*&^t crazy them pop a tendon. Would take Jamaal, but won’t with Smith at QB and lack of other offensive weapons. Lacy has a pretty high floor, but not sold on him.

The real speculation fun comes at my back to back picks of 20 and 21.

I know I can’t control anything beyond the first pick, but after two years of playing together, I know the guys in my league pretty well, so I have a reasonable chance at projecting who might NOT be available at picks 20 and 21, making it easier to project who might fall to me at those spots.

My league specifics … lots of NFC Norse Division fans (mainly Chicago and Packers fans) so they tend to reach a bit on the team colors and also tend to take top qbs early. Obviously the typical top 10-12 ADP guys will be gone. Luck and Rogers will be gone. Out of projected “second” ten, Forte and Jordy will be gone. Some may reach for Ashlon Jeffrey and Randall Cobb.

My lean is to take a second RB and my first WR, but I am flexible (would take two top flight WR if they were there). The most likely available highly rated players are likely to be some two or three player combination of A.J. Green, Lesean McCoy, Arian Foster, Calvin Johnson, Jeremy Hill, C.J. Anderson. I have listed these players in the order of most likely to be available in my league. The order I value these guys in would be almost the inverse of this order, but maybe slide A.J. ahead of Arian and Lesean in reverse order. How would you order these? My gut says I will get A.J. then possibly get to pick between Arian and Lesean or fall down the ADP list to a less highly rated player with less risk. Arian is a great RB but a ticking injury bomb. Lesean is a decent value at pick 20, but maybe not behind the Bills OLine LOL.

I will likely go best value RB and WR at 40/41 and 60/61 likely filling the six heavy scoring postions with 1 spare RB. Will probably take Stafford or Tannehill type QB at 80.

Reactions: laman303
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News