ADVERTISEMENT

"get out the oven mitts"

Slycat35

Gold Member
Dec 26, 2005
Back in the day, way back, our bb coach in order to have his players concentrate on catching/handling the ball, had us wear bulky oven mitts during practice. Kstate's bigs could benefit from this practice. Are they missing fingers, thumbs? In the course of a game, how many times do they mishandle, drop or just fumble the ball. Most times in the post under the basket. They can't even gather the ball for an easy dunk. (exception: Wade is OK) They probably loose 6-8 points a game fumbling the ball.
Kstate guards could benefit from this practice as well. Errant passes, one-handed throws add to this pathetic lack of fundamental basketball skills.
I have total respect for Sneed as a player. He is relentless, determined and a total team player. But, if I read another post of Sneed heading to pros, I'll scream. He is undersized for an inside player, lacks outside shooting and has only moderate ball-handling skills. His dunks are outstanding, his effort is commendable but he is very limited. I love the kid but I don't expect to be watching him in the pros. Xavier, as a big fan, stay in school, improve your skills and get your degree. I

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News