ADVERTISEMENT

I don't get it

BrotherOfWillie

New walk-on to the team
Nov 28, 2016
The majority of you bitched and complained last year about the team. A TEAM that went a very respectable 8-5. You wanted Dimel gone! You wanted Hayes gone! You all wanted new blood! You all wanted the up and comer hot new assistant coaches that will recruit the 4 and 5 star recruit. Some of you, albeit few, even thought Bill should hand over the keys to Collin Klein. LMAO. Many of you consistently said that Klein or Coleman would be light years better than Dimel. And many of you said once we got rid of Haye's bend but don't break defense then we could get back to the lynch mob mentality.
Guess what? In the off-season we got nearly 100% what many of us on this board asked. Yes, we didn't get the shiny new head coach. However, if you all thought we wouldn't have growing pains this year then most of you live in a fairytale world. Ask @jarjarbinks18 how his Nebraska team is doing this year? I know he thought Frost would do great this year, but a lot of the die hard, level-headed Nebraska fans I know had tempered expectations. Yes, they expect great things in the future, but no one in Nebraskaland is asking for Frost's head on a platter. And that guy inherited a pretty talent rich team.
Yes, I know our coach is ancient, but to give up on one of the most innovative minds in the game is just plain silly. We may struggle this year, but if we all give up on this team as fans then we will deserve what we get. I truly think Snyder's comment about "he couldn't coach a team that can't get 6 inches" was more of poke on the coordinators in my opinion. I think he was calling them out. I think we will see improvement as the year progresses even though we may not see that in wins. What I do see is a program that has started the transition to a new regime. I think that is evident in the thought that Snyder wants Delton at QB. Someone else is making the calls and I'm guessing that's the coordinators. Anyways, I'm just here hoping people support this team because players, recruits, and future coaches take notice.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News