ADVERTISEMENT

I know nothing about basketball

RZIM Wildcat

On the depth chart
Mar 4, 2015
That's the only conclusion to which I can come. I watched S. Carolina (I won't post about these guys again, I promise) and said, this team is over-ranked and will lose the next 4 games and will become an NCAA bubble team. They proceeded to lose to Georgia (which I accurately predicted) but then beat both A&M and LSU. Impressive.

I watched K-State and said that Weber is a good coach and that these guys are figuring it out and I expect that we will make a run in the second half and maybe get to the bubble. I'm having doubts now about even sniffing the bubble with Kamau Stokes out and our inability to adjust to that. After watching both live (home games) and on TV the KU game, the OU game and the Baylor games, I have come to the conclusion that Weber really only has 6-7 guys that he can play that give us a chance to win and he's going to have to play only them and if they foul out then we'll probably lose as he subs in Rohleder and others from the walk on list.

Our starting lineup should be:
PG = Wes Iwundu (backup is Brown but only for a couple of minutes per game)
SG = Justin Edwards (backup is Brown)
SF = Austin Budke or Corlbe Ervin (backup is other)
PF = Dean Wade (backup is Budke)
C = DJ Johnson (backup is Wade)
Off the bench = Budke or Ervin and Barry Brown

Brown is so much better off of the bench because he gets into the game and only wants to score and that is exactly the mentality that he needs to have. He is MUCH more aggressive off of the bench than when he starts. And Dean Wade officially gets 3 fouls in the first half if we go behind by more than 7 or 8 points. And Wes does not get to come out of the game unless he is cramping. If we play that group in that way, we will win against OSU, TCU, KU, and maybe even Texas. If we don't we'll be lucky to get an NIT bid. That's what I think but hey, as I said, I OBVIOUSLY KNOW NOTHING ABOUT BASKETBALL.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News