ADVERTISEMENT

I think Avery Johnson could easily play D1 basketball too

ChiTwnCat

All-American performer
Gold Member
May 29, 2001
Watched him and his teammates kick Hutchinson's butt all the way back to the salt city last night. What a great athlete. He was just a steady eddy on the court. He has a really nice looking shot. and played good defense too. I really liked how he played the game. He left all of the theatrics to his teammates, Kyle Grill and Baumgartner (I think that was his name). Grill had 3-4 windmill dunks while missing a couple of other ones. Same with the other kid I mentioned. Got to admit Kyle Grill is a good high school basketball player. Who knows if that translate to the D1 level for him as well. There is also another Grill brother. Alex is a freshmen and got a bit of mop up time last night. But back to Johnson. Where ever he ends up, that kid has star written all over him.

P.S. I really hoped Hutch would give Maize a stiff challenge. I got to admit I was sorta of hoping to witness the Grill's at their "finest". But with Maize already having a double digit lead and not looking back half way through the first quarter it wasn't to be.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News