Illini Message Boards

AggievilleLegend

On full scholarship
Gold Member
Aug 8, 2018
Kansas City
Some gems:

“I think Underwood is outside of KSU's pay range.”

“Brad has said that Illinois was his dream job. Lot of coaches say that, but I really think Brad really did want this job and I do not beleive it's a stepping stone for him. Certainly not for a step down at KSU.”

“As to Kansas State, how much can we make fun of their fans for expecting Underwood? I know we have no reason to fear at all. But out of an abundance of caution, I want to check before we jinx ourselves.”

“My reaction to KSU fans thinking they'll poach Brad is less mockery and more confusion/pity.”

“Not trying to be crass, but ... they literally scooped up our last fired coach gratefully, lol. Where the hell do they get off thinking anyone (regardless of their past ties) is leaving a job like Illinois, as reigning Big Ten champions, to go to an unstable conference?”

“Definitely not concerned even if it does happen, heard coach K wants to take a home state discount and unretire coach here if Brad leaves. Ghosts of Lou Henson, John Wooden, and Dean Smith rumored as ACs.”

More talk of Weber on there than of Underwood leaving. They are as obsessed with him as some of our fans are

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News