ADVERTISEMENT

Jarett Cole update

EsquireKSU08

On the depth chart
Gold Member
Feb 6, 2009
Surprise, surprise: Andre Coleman is at it again in Georgia.

Pretty neat story behind the connections Cole has with K-State. A second visit to Manhattan plus more lengthy conversations with Bill Snyder & Tom Hayes could put the Wildcats in prime position to land this defensive back.

https://kansasstate.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1769835

**Added Sidenote**

As I was talking to Jarett during this interview, I asked if because he knew Dominique Heath if he then was familiar with guys like Mike Stevens and/or Shaun Wilson. Not only did he say yes, but he also mentioned another player named Van Smith.

On Smith, apparently Coleman saw him before anyone and got K-State to offer first, but when Clemson came along Smith couldn't say no. Had no idea K-State was that close with Smith (kudos to Coleman).

More interesting though was what Cole said in reference to Stevens and Wilson. While he noted each got the opportunity to play in year one at NC State and Duke and enjoyed being close to home, there remains a part of them that wished they had gone to K-State -- something they've mentioned to Cole before.

I know the story with Wilson has been told here before, but despite a big-time freshman year, I guess there's still a part of him that wonders what could have been in the Big 12 if K-State had found a way to find a last minute scholarship. No doubt he would've gone with K-State over Duke. As for Stevens, well he was a Wildcat at one point in time. Who knows what could've been.

Last edited:
Reactions: SwampKat75
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News