ADVERTISEMENT

Basketball recruiting Kidtrell Blocker offered + quotes

Blocker I don’t have a good enough gauge for yet. He is for sure more athletic than both Neal and mason. And Neal is a pretty good athlete.

Neal I think does deserve 150 praise and isn’t overrated but more so think Mason is underatted and should be rated higher than Mason. Neal is gifted and is further along athletically than mason, but I just see a potential in Mason’s skill that excites me even more
Neal is way bigger that Mason and so smooth with the basketball. He has elite vision but he has also has a non-chalance which appears to make him look disinterested at times. His skill level is impressive. If he played at a normal HS, he would be a guy that could average a triple double.

I don't agree with Grant. And I watched him twice in person over the holidays. He impacts the game in so many ways. He would be one of the best players on K-State's roster right now.
I think Neal is gifted and all you bill him to be. Don’t know about being the best player right now on kstate. Cant go that far to agree with you. But Neal would have potential to be a really good Wildcat in time. Just like how I see mason being a good Wildcat with time, I honestly think a Kam stokes type freshman year if not better for Mason is totally possible and would be a really nice boost. Neal would give similar. I just think mason is right on par with Neal and is for sure underrated.

I think Neal is gifted and all you bill him to be. Don’t know about being the best player right now on kstate. Cant go that far to agree with you. But Neal would have potential to be a really good Wildcat in time. Just like how I see mason being a good Wildcat with time, I honestly think a Kam stokes type freshman year if not better for Mason is totally possible and would be a really nice boost. Neal would give similar. I just think mason is right on par with Neal and is for sure underrated.

If Mason can come in and play 20+ minutes per game and average nearly double digit points while shooting 34% from three then we don’t need a transfer

I don't see any way Mason could come in and have Kam Stokes type of freshman impact. Where are the minutes going to come from? Stokes played because there was no one else to play. He averaged 27 minutes and 10 points per game. You think Mason could come in next year and put those kinds of numbers up?

Who is he stealing minutes from to get a usage rate of over 21?

Reactions: MRAcat and ccox
If Mason can come in and play 20+ minutes per game and average nearly double digit points while shooting 34% from three then we don’t need a transfer
I think it’s the ceiling for guys like Mason and Neal in their freshman years. Won’t be easy or anything you can bank on but I think the potential is there.

Neal jumpshot is a complete rebuild. Slow release and it starts low. He is a good but not great athlete. At 6'1 you would want him to be more twitchy.

Mason is more polished player.

Don't think either would play a ton.

I don't see any way Mason could come in and have Kam Stokes type of freshman impact. Where are the minutes going to come from? Stokes played because there was no one else to play. He averaged 27 minutes and 10 points per game. You think Mason could come in next year and put those kinds of numbers up?

Who is he stealing minutes from to get a usage rate of over 21?
I’m talking ceilings. You’re right, they wouldn’t have enough minutes for him, if but he was good enough they would make the minutes for him.

I want Selton on the ball more specially if he can take a standard set forward and make less bad decisions. He is by far the best at getting in the lane and making the next play. With the defensive role he has taken the reigns he has to play really hard, thus shooting isn't going to be his forte.

I completely agree with this...but I just think he needs a little help, still...he is still making too many mistakes, and turning it over too much.

There's no question that is HIS best role. THe question is, given how poorly he shoots it, does that ultimately limit him, even in that role, and thus, should Bruce be looking for a combo who can hit a pull-up, or shoot off the bounce, etc., to make our ball dominant guard much harder to defend, and open things up even more?

Neal jumpshot is a complete rebuild. Slow release and it starts low. He is a good but not great athlete. At 6'1 you would want him to be more twitchy.

Mason is more polished player.

Don't think either would play a ton.
When I watched Neal, I thought about David Sloan when he was in HS. I think Neal is a little taller though.

I like that Blocker is different than Mason and Edwards. Both Blocker and Edwards have serious bounce but obviously in different ways. Edwards bigger and smoother, Blocker smaller but more explosive. Both versatile since blocker could probably play 1-3 while edwards could play 2-4.

Then Mason is the quick twitch ball handling playmaker paired with Pack. I see the future in it for sure.

Mike would just have to take his game to the next level next year imo so mason doesn’t have to be relied on right away to be a killer. I think Mike is capable. He got a good shot, but there’s got to be a few things he can tweak over the off-season to make it consistent game in game out. That or Miguel next season becomes the scorer he was in high school which I don’t think is out of the question by any means.
Edwards game would have to elevate significantly for him to be a 2. He is a 3, with possibilities of playing a small ball 4 in a pinch. Don't see that he upgrades our roster over DG, and you should be able to find a more talented 3 in the transfer portal or preferably in next year's class. Focus on the 1-2 spot immediately. Get Pack and Miguel some help.

Edwards game would have to elevate significantly for him to be a 2. He is a 3, with possibilities of playing a small ball 4 in a pinch. Don't see that he upgrades our roster over DG, and you should be able to find a more talented 3 in the transfer portal or preferably in next year's class. Focus on the 1-2 spot immediately. Get Pack and Miguel some help.
I agree all the way around

The best thing that could happen to this team, though, is what @Grant Flanders laid out. Mike comes back, embraces a bit lesser of a role and they grab an impact transfer to take on the load that Mike has shouldered this year.

That is best case scenario.

I don't know how realistic that is, personally. There is very little reason for Mike to return under that guise.
JMO, but if they can get what they need in the portal, it would be the height of stupidity to pass on a transfer in order to get Mike back fold. Mike seems like a nice young man and a loyal Wildcat, but I'd need considerably more consistency to welcome him back - and that hasn't proven to be a realistic expectation.

Reactions: Tjwarta24
He says he can score at all 3 levels. I need to watch some more tape myself to know for sure since the little I've seen is some very impressive highlights in the paint. He's got the athleticism. He says he can score from every level so if he really can combine that with his athleticism he would be a very exciting prospect.
Color me suspicious. If a 6’5” point guard with that kind of athleticism can shoot the rock from deep, they would emphasize that in a highlight reel.

Story from Jake Weingarten on Kidtrell. Pretty much all the same stuff Kidtrell told me with a little more additional info here and there.

He’s still thinking late March early April for a commitment.

Kidtrell told me about West Wirginia and St. John’s are two schools who haven’t offered that have been talking to him a lot lately. He added Alabama in there when talking to Jake.

He went a little more in depth with Jake about how the connection started with K-State:

“As far as Kansas State, one of their assistants had seen me play against Our Savior Lutheran and one of their commits last year and he said I was one player that stood out against like six high-major players and he was at a lower school at the time so he thought I was this high-major guy with tons of offers already, so, when he came to K-State and seen I was under-recruited and still available, they’ve been on me since.”

Story from Jake Weingarten on Kidtrell. Pretty much all the same stuff Kidtrell told me with a little more additional info here and there.

Kidtrell told me about West Wirginia and St. John’s are two schools who haven’t offered that have been talking to him a lot lately. He added Alabama in there when talking to Jake.

He went a little more in depth with Jake about how the connection started with K-State:

“As far as Kansas State, one of their assistants had seen me play against Our Savior Lutheran and one of their commits last year and he said I was one player that stood out against like six high-major players and he was at a lower school at the time so he thought I was this high-major guy with tons of offers already, so, when he came to K-State and seen I was under-recruited and still available, they’ve been on me since.”

Shane!

Am I the only one that would like this kid to be on the team? If he can play defense - which I don't think he would be recruited by WVU if he wasn't good at it, I think he is most definitely a great option. Not an on ball individual tho..

Just received some more word on Blocker. Sounds like he will make his decision in early April after the Skills Factory Event.

K-State has another zoom planned with him and his family for after the Big 12 Tournament.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT