ADVERTISEMENT

Football Recruiting KSO Eval: Keyon Mozee, Jaylin Noel and more

D

Derek Young

I was at Lee's Summit North at Park Hill on Friday night. It was a week after LSN beat Blue Springs... however, Park Hill won 10-3. Here's what I observed.

KEYON MOZEE
He's a tight little ball of muscle. Mozee has a low center of gravity, but has that quick-twitch and sudden ability and explosion. He had less wiggle than I anticipated. He was more of a one-cut back. Mozee gets to top gear quick, and he reminded me of what I saw on film from Joe Ervin, but probably more speed. Mozee only got loose once and his best drive was his first one, and the one where he took the most snaps. After that, Mozee just didn't seem all that healthy. He had missed the game the week before and just didn't seem able to stay on the field for a sustained amount of snaps.

JAYLIN NOEL
The 2021 receiver that already holds offers from K-State, Iowa State and Minnesota isn't the biggest dude out there but he makes up for it with how he accelerates, too. It's what separates the P5 skill players... their suddenness, explosiveness and ability to hit top gear in a hurry. He's got real speed, too. This game in particular didn't really tell me much about his ball skills, as he never was forced to put them on display, necessarily. Another trait that did ooze to the surface was his ability to catch the ball in traffic.

JOHNNY WILSON
The Iowa State defensive end commit wreaked a bit of havoc on the Lee's Summit North backfield. He's a little stiff and has probably gotten to the point where he may have to play defensive tackle for the Cyclones rather than on the edge. He does play hard and to the whistle.

MIKEY MILES
I actually think the senior linebacker was the best defensive player for Park Hill. He's an interesting project. He's more of a safety/linebacker hybrid that has a lot of explosion and can run sideline to sideline. He's a bit like Jonathan Alexander, but obviously younger. We'll see what happens with him. He hasn't heard from Kansas State but he does have a Wyoming offer and some other G5 and FCS interests.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News