ADVERTISEMENT

Mandel's Final Thoughts ... mention of K-State vs. KU

lancezimm

New walk-on to the team
Gold Member
Dec 25, 2012
Saint George, KS
This is behind The Athletic's paywall. So, moderators can remove it if I'm breaking the rules. There was only one relevant K-State comment in the article, and it is honestly more about how bad KU is this season (see below). Here is a bit more salt for everyone to pour on Jayhawk wounds this morning in talking about Saturday's massacre.

20. Do people realize just how bad the 2020 Kansas Jayhawks are? They at least won three games in both 2018 and ’19. Not only is this team 0-5 after Saturday’s 55-14 drubbing by rival Kansas State, but the Jayhawks have lost their four Big 12 contests by a combined 187-52 margin. Oh, and their best player, RB Pooka Williams, just opted out to be closer to his ailing mom. Oh, and they still have to face Oklahoma, Texas and Iowa State. Godspeed, Les Miles.

I've been of the opinion that no head coach would lose their job based on performance after the 2020 season because of COVID-19. For our sake, I hope KU keeps Les around another year. I have absolutely no fear of this team in the next year or two.

I can laugh at myself now regarding how concerned I was about the KU game last year at this time. Jeff Long asking for the Sunflower Cup to be in Lawrence before last year's game is also laughable now.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News