ADVERTISEMENT

MLB Playoff Push Thread

AJWildcat

All-American performer
Jun 19, 2001
Overland Park, KS
I haven’t done a standings check thread in awhile, but with just over 30 games remaining, figure now is a good time for one of these.

To start, the ALC seems like a good place. For @MRAcat and @sseedboy0322, I think the Twins probably hang on. But six hth games in ~30 is a good portion of the schedule.

For the AL WC, which is also tight, I know I hope @Front Range Drifter is happy with who gets in in regards to Oakland. I mean, how can you not want to see those green unis, especially, for as long as possible. I think the WC is Cle/Oak, but the three team race is nuts right now. I think we can just about kick dirt on Boston, especially now that Sale is done.

As for the NL, I think the Braves are fine in the NLE for @ksufreak, if for no other reason that the three WC contenders probably knock each other off enough that no one can catch them.

In the NLC, I have always thought the Cubs would eventually pull away, especially with the state of Milwaukee’s pitching, but I actually think @tathompson40 will be happy with the division finish.

As for the WC, I think the Nats are fine and the Cubs probably get the other spot, but the Mets are scary. That Mets/Cubs series this week is big, especially with how awful the Cubs are on the road.

And I suppose I’ll go ahead and tag in @cas4ksu now, as you can give us your Yanks thoughts. They have a quite a battle with Houston for AL HFA now.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.