ADVERTISEMENT

Football My practice notes

D

Derek Young

Grain of salt here, we were only there for 25 minutes or so and there was nothing really in the way of indicating 1s and 2s other than when we first arrived, maybe.

- Harter and frosh walk-on DB Jay Crayton were in no-contact jerseys. Reggie Walker, Boom Massie and Tre Eaton didn't pad up at all today, but I'm told it's very precautionary for all three. Everyone else was full-go.

- Sure looked like Ast was ahead of Holcombe at QB. Yes, Chris Herron took WR reps towards the end of the last session we saw.

- WRs had a rough go at the jugs machine. Not that it means anything.

- Jordon Brown looks put together and looked as good as advertised.

- When people tell me that Jax Dineen might be carrying a little too much weight, I believe them. Could scoot back down a few pounds, for sure. Though, he still does move fairly well for his size.

- Freshman class in general looks the part, and I was impressed. Youngblood does already look like he belongs and he really, really glides on the field. He'll play.

- I don't know what other frosh will play but Will Jones had a few very good reps I saw at DB and Jacardia Wright is definitely physically ready to go. He and CJ Price are both still at RB. Another physically impressive looking frosh was Khalid Duke at linebacker.

- I think the starting offensive line is as expected, so far. That and QB when we first arrived is really the only thing we saw much in the way of rotations.

- I've seen about four or five programs hold practice before. I think Klieman is the first I've ever seen actually participate and operate drills himself. He did safety positional drills.

- Again, I heard more good things about Eli Huggins. He's starting to come on, it sounds like. They really like their defensive line.

- TE Nick Lenners was indeed full-go and had a few grabs in traffic where he went to the ground and hauled it in. Also heard he's been taking hits and doing fine in other practices. I think he's coming along well.

Last edited by a moderator:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News