ADVERTISEMENT

My thoughts on the previous staff, what I want from this staff & moving forward - Long

acb463

All-American performer
Gold Member
Jun 2, 2001
I’m optimistic about this site now. In the past, I would be over on gpc to interact with posters. Whether it was Maingate on the World forum, or any of the posters on the Wabash, getting someone else’s point of view was why I was a member. It wasn’t because of the information & articles, because all of those are basically the exact same that you can get form reading the Capital Journal, KC Star or Wichita Eagle, they’re all the same quotes.

To say that I was pessimistic about gpc before isn't accurate, but it was always the same articles. I know that I'm in the majority that thinks the Cannonball was the best that the previous site ever put out. Honestly, back then, it seemed like the staff was really trying & excited to give us information. Now, it's the same fluff piece from Fritchen every week. Either that, or Wallace was posting things on Twitter and then a member of gpc would post it on the Wabash forum. So I was paying money for "insider" information that Fitz & his staff would share with everyone else. Fitz would then defend his staff giving out information to everyone vs giving it to his customers first.

I honestly can't remember the last time that Fitz or anyone on his staff actually broke any news. Was it the whole "It's Patterson"? Maybe Fitz became more protective of himself after that, but then why am I paying money each month? I remember the "Cannonball" & it really seemed like Fitz & his staff were trying back then. Now, it seems like they're just mailing it in, giving us the same article every week & taking advantage of his customers. I used to stay up hitting F5 on my computer until the Cannonball would come out & every single time it would get me excited.

If there was one thing that I would love from the admins of this site, it is to interact more with your customers. Wallace was pretty decent about answering recruiting questions when he would start a thread. But Fitz would hardly ever say anything unless it was about something silly & D. Scott was so condescending that it kept me from reading his work. I know that the admins are busy, but when there is a legit question about Snyder, the staff, team, Weber, etc, get involved. Answer questions.

Please, Please do not write Fluff pieces. Give us your opinion because that's what we want. We can all get the same quotes & information from any article that is written whether its by the Cap Journal, KC star or Wichita Eagle.

I remember Jeff Martin from the Eagle & really wished that he was able to keep his job as I always enjoyed his writing. I remember Matt Hall as well & really hoped that his gig in Nashville would've worked out, but it's our benefit that it didn't..

I'm going to stay over here because I think it's really shitty of Fitz (not surprised) that he sent out an e-mail to certain members to tell them about the change but not tell everyone else.

This is premium content. Please subscribe to view.

Last edited by a moderator:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News