ADVERTISEMENT

NEW INDOOR PRACTICE FACILITY

4cats2

New walk-on to the team
Gold Member
Dec 7, 2001
I realize this post is extremely long, but it addresses a $52M project. I hope the length does not stop each of you from reading and expressing your opinion as most of us are directed to “stay in place and minimum current sports information.

I believe the location of the purposed Indoor Practice Facility (IPF) and practice field (PF) in the east parking lot is a mistake when options exist. First, I don’t want to be accused of preventing the progress of the program and second, I am an old Wildcat that will probably not see a completed IPF. I have attended games since the 60’s and even attended Vince’s first game in Fort Collins against CSU in 1966. Since I have been a loyal fan for 50 plus years, I continue to wonder if others share my opinion.

Locating the IPF in the east parking lot is a mistake because:

1. All the fans I know agree

2. Eliminating 300 plus parking spaces reduces donations to Ahern Fund.

3. Reduces season ticket holders. Survey of several fans stated “if I lose my parking space I am gone”.

4. IPF will restrict the flow of fans to the stadium.

5. Officials state “IPF will be open during games” This will not last with thousands tracking through.

6. The parking is an asset. How many places require parking at a distance from the stadium?

7. Major feature of the complex should be the stadium. An adjacent IPF will replace the stadium.

8. Elimination of tailgating for thousands of fans. Fans park in satellite parking and join those who are fortunate to have a parking space.

9. Once the IPF is built, it will be an obstruction forever.
I initially thought that AD Gene Taylor and HCCK brought the location of the IPF with them from NDST. An investigation of NDST purposed location for their new IPF is a distance from their stadium. Why or how did AD Taylor decide to locate the obstruction of the proposed IPF in the east parking lot?

Several options exist in the athletic complex near the football stadium. The options that should be evaluated and investigated are:

1. The area north of Kimble. Room exists to place the IPF and PF if Kimble is re-routed on north side with a radial curve, similar to a quarter roundabouts on the east and west ends.

2. Locate either the IPF or PF north of Kimble

3. Locate either the IPF or PF on a side or both on each side of Vanier Note: Some parking spaces will be eliminated next to Kimble road..

4. Locate either the IPF or PF on the site south of the rowing building.
No one doubts that the IPF is needed for the good of the players and program. The IPF has an estimated cost of $52M. Due to the cost and longevity of this structure, the location must be thoroughly evaluated so that results are best for the program, players, athletic complex and department, and all the loyal fans.

When I initially saw the proposed plans for the athletic complex, I immediately disagreed with the location. A project of this magnetite should result in enhancements for all affected. The purposed location of the IPF definitely creates a negative result for the loyal fans that have supported the program for years. I would like to hear the thoughts of all of you. As I stated earlier, I will probably not witness this structure and it will be for all of you to view and enjoy. If you agree with me, please inform AD Gene Taylor of your disagreement of the purposed location of the IPF and PF.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News