ADVERTISEMENT

New VP of Research hired

AgCat

Almost on scholarship
Gold Member
May 29, 2001
Well, another reason to pile on WSUPKS. Announced today that he went ahead and filled the VP of Research position at KSU. Ugh. We are a proud Land Grant University that even on our seal, says Agriculture and Engineering, and he hires a Dean of Arts and Science to head up our research programs.

Why they wouldn't wait until the new KSU President comes in to fill this important position is beyond me.

Kind of like appointing a Supreme Court Justice on your way out the door.

We have had a real void of leadership at the top, which has been more deserving of a lot of the finger pointing and angst on this board. We have had an administration that just hasn't been able to connect with or grasp who we are...our University core mission, students, passionate fan base and alumni.

As a strong supporter of KSU athletics, academics and research programs, I'm really disappointed with today's announcement. What is going on with our University?

This new President hire is becoming one of the most important hires for KSU in a long, long time... I'm Glad Mullins is heading it up. If any of you have contact with him, give him all the encourage possible to make sure they hire someone who can right the ship.

Reactions: ksrob
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News