ADVERTISEMENT

One of my favorite things about CFB

great plains cat

Almost on scholarship
Gold Member
Feb 6, 2002
It's always fun to watch the Cat's pummel a Big 12 opponent, and I've seen many of those - the shutting down of Ricky Williams back in the day, the 35 point first quarter against MU - any number of wood shed butt kickings of KU, and many others, but the greatest games are the come from behind wins - the hard fought wins. The 35-28 comeback against ISU when Adam Helm came in and pulled off the come from behind win (with an obviously impressive second half shutout from the defense) followed by an impressive win against the entitled Longhorns in Austin the following game - I ALMOST felt sorry for Major Applewhite in that game. We had a similar come from behind win against OSU the same year. Not quite the same, but the 5 overtime win against the Aggies as well - what a great win. Those are the things that make CFB great to me - and the players who play in those games are an inspiration. They BELIEVE they can win, and never lose faith that they can get it done, even in the face of some pretty overwhelming empirical evidence to the contrary. THAT is something to see. I suppose it would be easier to just throw in the towel - ah sh*t - I guess we might as well just give up, there's no reason to even try - they've got us beat.

All I'm going to say here is think about it - as a fan do you want to have the courage of belief that the come from behind winners have had, or the hand wringing resignation of the opposite. As fans we have he ability to help or hinder the team that we are supposed to be fans of... believe in them and support them or whine and gripe.

I thought we were going to see another one today! I didn't see any quit today - it wasn't enough, for sure, but they didn't stop swinging!

Reactions: aggieville_08
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News