ADVERTISEMENT

OT: May 31st Baseball Thread

AJWildcat

All-American performer
Jun 19, 2001
Overland Park, KS
So I did this back on May 1st, and with my classes taking finals, figured why not do another stock watch.

Wow @MRAcat and @sseedboy0322, the Twins definitely are for real. On May 1st, 30ish games is still early enough that you never know, but now past the 1/3 mark, it's tough to question who is, or isn't, for real. And with that division, even if they fall off the AL home field pace, it's tough to see them not getting a guaranteed ALDS spot and avoiding a WC game.

As for @ksufreak, the NLE is now looking like a two team race, although the Nats are maybe trying to at least get back into WC contention. I am looking forward to getting to see the Phillies this weekend against the Dodgers.

And @tathompson40, what a difference a month makes. The Cards looked like one of MLB's best a month ago. I think they will still factor into things before all is said and done, but May was a rough month for them. If nothing else, they should figure into the WC race.

And @K-Statriot, the Rox have done a good job overcoming that 3-12 start to claw back into the WC race now.

Last, may as well streamline things for @willie2007 while we're at it.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.