ADVERTISEMENT

OT: What are you reading?

tathompson40

All-American performer
Aug 5, 2013
Alright sophisticated minds of KSO, what's on your reading list? What have you read recently that's awesome?

I just finished Bob Iger's "Ride of a Lifetime" and I've been recommending it to anyone with a pulse that I work with. It's a fascinating look at growing a company and what goes into being acquired (ABC being purchased by Disney) and then acquiring big brands - Pixar, Marvel, Lucasfilm, and Fox. It was so good I finished it in less than a week, and I read very slowly.

I'm 12% through Raven Rock - a history of continuity of government planning and the development of emergency management that evolved out of World War II. It's much longer and much slower to read, but also has some really cool insights about how Presidents have guided response philosophy.

I have a couple other things in the Kindle library - Threat Matrix, Red Sparrow, and the Star Wars Darth Bane trilogy - that I have started but have on hold right now.

I'm curious what you're reading. I'm particularly interested in more finds related to business/marketing/finance/innovation/disruption at the moment.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News