ADVERTISEMENT

Perspective...its just a game

Wildcatfarm

On full scholarship
Gold Member
Jan 7, 2008
I know, we're all pissed about the way the season is going. And rightfully so. And its not "no big deal." College football is big business, and failure has an undesirable effect on the university at large.

However, sometimes life, real life just mugs the shit out of you. A kid I went to college with, a kid my age ended his own life this last week. I didn't know Parker Goldsberry all that well, I hung out with him only a few times, but I knew he was a bright kid with a good future ahead of him. It hit me about as hard as an acquaintance committing suicide can hit you, because as a person who suffers from depression, I can 100% relate. I've been right on the cusp of taking my own life a couple times. And I've known and been close to people who have committed suicide, and in the aftermath of such a horrific tragedy, everything seems so small.

Life is bigger than 12 Saturdays a year. I spent all of Sunday agonizing over the MSU game. By Monday, when I heard the news about Parker, I felt like a fool.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News