ADVERTISEMENT

Pining For The Old Days

danblions

Almost on scholarship
Gold Member
Feb 5, 2003
It seems since Texas has joined the Big 12 we have had a mass exodus of teams, Nebraska, Colorado, A&M and Missouri. I realize when we came together with the four teams from the SW Conference we picked up a lot TV viewers with better TV markets and thus a better TV contract. However, Texas is only concerned with Texas, not the conference. If they were interested in helping the conference they would make the Longhorn Network the Big 12 network. If they threaten to leave for the PAC-12, Big 10, etc. or go independent, let them. Let someone else deal with them. I seriously don't see any other Power 5 conference letting them join. They will want to run the show. However, if they do leave let's see if our expansion committee can bring back Nebraska, Missouri, Colorado to the league add a Colorado State to give Colorado a rival to play and ask the ACC to look to add West Virginia and let us have Louisville and add Cincy to keep our footprint smaller and travel costs down. Maybe add Memphis and Houston to help with the TV viewer situation. I realize none of this is going to happen but it is a better scenario than us looking for a home in the Mountain West Conference or whatever and being left out of the Big 5 Power Conferences.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News