ADVERTISEMENT

Football Recruiting PM recruiting notes

D

Derek Young

I could wait and package it together in a notebook for tomorrow morning or share what I know now. I'm going to share now more so because I think some of this will be outdated by tomorrow morning.

On Witt Mitchum...

He will figure out and determine where he will take an official visit this weekend after his high school game tonight. He's going to visit K-State, KU, WVU or Duke this weekend. Whoever gets it is obviously at a huge advantage. They are the only and last school to get in front of him before the early period.

On Justin Gardner..

The Hutchinson C.C. cornerback likely jumped ahead of Jemaurian Jones and Geovonte Howard in the pecking order. He was offered this evening by the Cats. His official visit to Manhattan is scheduled for this weekend. The Oregon State bounceback probably commits on the trip.

On Eli Acker...

The Ole Miss offensive tackle commit visited Starkville last weekend and I thought it was over. It's not. Lane Kiffin is getting him on campus this weekend, but the word I have right now is that the plan is to sign in February now instead of in the early period. During that wait, they do intend visiting Kansas State, likely in January. However, I wouldn't rule out Lane Kiffin persuading him to sign early when he's in Oxford this weekend. Nonetheless, that's some positive news on that front.

On Tee Denson...

I think he will be committing to K-State on Saturday.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News