Podcast Discussion - Up in arms

Status
Not open for further replies.

mobcat

All-American performer
Gold Member
Nov 13, 2005
Excerpt from the podcast:

Brett: There is a lot of snark and sarcasm and thinking that this program is going up in arms becuase so many people have left, but you think about this:

The 5 people that left, you can include Jack. Jack was hurt when he signed and he never played. So, Good Bye. Marcus an absolute larger than life poison ego. He got dismissed. Tre Harris who is his (Foster's) little puppy or puppet next to him. He got dismissed alongside of him.

Fitz: It was a great spring break though.

Brett: People bitched and complained, for how long this season Fitz, of how bad the point guard play was. For how inept Jevon Thomas was. For how little confidence Nigel Johnson had, and how inconsistent both of them were. Now both of them leave and the fans are pissed off that changes are going to be made.

Fitz: It doesn't make sense to me.

Brett: Why are you upset? Because the people you criticized the entire season are now gone. Just because it is now formal and it is on a piece of paper, and you'll no longer see them in a Kansas State Uniform - does that mean that everything is up in arms? It was up in arms when you were still cheering for them. Now that they are gone and they(the coaches) are trying to be proactive, and trying to get better talent or at least more self-sustaining talent on the roster. Why are you mad about that?

I don't quite understand it. Because really this staff, whether it was directly or indirectly, took care of the issues that plagued this team last year.

Yes, losing Thomas and Nino in the front court that hurts, but those guys are Seniors. They got to go. People come and they go. That is a national progression of life, but when you have a cancer in your locker room, and I know that is a very, very strong word, but it is really the truth. When you have such poison in your locker room for an extended period of time. When you have someone that clearly didn't live up to his standards, and really wasn't that great of a defensive player and had a limited offensive skill set - then he leaves. And then the two point guards who were very inconsistent and they leave. How is this much of a problem? Why is there not given a little bit of a benefit of a doubt to maybe turn this thing around.

How excited were people when Marcus Foster had a Freshman year like he did. they thought my goodness, Bruce Weber and Alvin Brooks went out and found this kid? This kid is good.

Wesley Iwundu you saw the potential. He dunked on Kentucky. He dunked on two pros. You said, whoaa that kid has potential. He could be good.

And so all of a sudden just because four guys leave that didn't produce like they should have - everything is up in arms?

This post was edited on 4/10 6:58 PM by mobcat

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News