ADVERTISEMENT

(Poll) "Little Brother Syndrome" vs. being a fan with a rival

You enjoy the hell out of the 14-year streak finally snapping. That makes you:

• An insecure little brother. Act like you've been there!

Votes: 2 1.4%
  • A fan of a rival team. Our wins matter most, but damned if KU's losses don't feel good too

Votes: 135 91.2%
  • I missed the point, this is too simplistic, we're "better than this", blah, blah, blah

Votes: 5 3.4%
  • I'm more excited when KU loses than when we win. Yeah, I said it

Votes: 6 4.1%

• Total voters

UUDDLRLRBAStart

Almost on scholarship
Gold Member
Nov 11, 2018
Our fan base seems to have a split. Some people (this guy included) are thrilled to see KU's championship streak end, and even more thrilled that we are one of the teams that put the nail in that coffin. Our victories are the sweetest, but memories of Bradley, Bucknell, and UTEP sending the Hawks home during our long basketball success hiatus still bring a smile to my face even today.

Others seem to think that it's beneath a fan base to wish ill fortune on another team and enjoy their struggle. They think that KU's 14-year streak has nothing to do with KSU, and some even say they WANT KU to continue the streak until we're able to sweep them and forcibly take it from them. Even then, it's unseemly and "little brother syndrome" to gloat and have fun at the Jayhawk's expense.

The former probably loves the "F*** KU!" chant, even if it's probably not the best look for our fan base. The latter thinks it reeks of insecurity and wishes our student section would behave better.

The former has probably themselves stormed the court once or twice after a win. The latter is ashamed that we chicken-winged a Jayhawk on national television

The former--if they are old enough--remembers fondly when KSU fans stormed KU's football field to tear down THEIR goal posts after a win in 1994, our first at KU in 25 years. The latter thinks it's childish vandalism.

The former was giddy about Diarra's windmill dunk, and just as giddy about Brown's after-regulation dunk this year. The latter thinks it makes us look small and petty.

So, what say you? I know, I know, there's gray area. But take a stand. Do you ONLY care about what happens to KSU, or will there be grin on your face if KU gets knocked out in the first round, and all that Adidas money is wasted?

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News