ADVERTISEMENT

Football Practice observations

D

Derek Young

- Sure appeared that Nick Ast was QB2 most of the time.

- Gilbert was the first RB trotted out with a group of Skylar Thompson, Wykeen Gill, Dalton Schoen, Malik Knowles, Nick Lenners and Mason Barta (he's obviously back at practice). Sure could glean that was the first group. The RB interchanged with that group more than the other spots though, for the record.

- Cody Fletcher was not suited up to practice, but he was there in a boot getting work with the trainer.

- Adam Harter was not at practice. Not a surprise. I did post days ago that he had sustained a season-ending injury. I believe it is one that will require surgery.

- Chris Herron took all his reps that we saw at receiver.

- Sammy Wheeler has added some bulk, which was needed. He still, however, is not as big as true freshman Konner Fox if that tells you what kind of body type he is and how far he is from being a finished product from a physical standpoint. And man, Logan Long moves very well for being listed at 281.

- The linemen in general were too far away to be able to tell much, to be honest. But did see Cooper Beebe taking reps at left tackle with some of the back-up units. That was probably more out of necessity, I'm guessing, since he isn't necessarily much of a tackle body.

- The nickels were with Klanderman and the safeties the entire time we were there. Alexander, McPherson, Durham etc were all over there as anticipated.

- Klieman was with the safeties the entire time as well.

- The Jacksonville Jaguars had a scout there at practice, too. I'm told there's been at least a couple at every practice this fall camp,

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News