ADVERTISEMENT

Football Re-watch observations

ProfessorPlum

A solid starter
Jan 19, 2002
Kansas City
First Half
Zentner is swaggy - He tackled the return man on his first kickoff (at the 25 yd line nonetheless) then stood over him chirping

Fletcher's left arm/shoulder is really hurting. I don't think it's a stinger. He reacted the same both times he tried to wrap up making a tackle and I'd expect him to sit out the pseudo-bye week

Noah Johnson is struggling, even on pulls. Q1 2nd & 5 at 6:00 mark he pulls right and lunges right past the tackler for no gain. Another happened in the 2nd half on a Wright run.

Jacardia gained the yards that were blocked
First carry, both tackles got beat and it squeeze the A-Gap run​
Second carry, Adler got pushed 2 yards deep and his guy stopped the run for 1 yard. There was an easy 15 yards of green grass otherwise.​

90% of the shots of Patterson, he's pre-occupied with sweat management

Malik was any kind of block from Lenners away from breaking the low line drive kickoff in Q2

Will Swanson's snaps came early. He appears to be the preferred #2 blocking TE ahead of DI/Fox/Wheeler. aka, a clear run tell. Counter point is that on the 4th and 1 Vaughn TD, Fox came on with Lenners for the heavy package.

Our kickoff coverage was worse than TCUs

TCU tackled like the entire defense had already made business decisions. By contrast our guys really fought off blocks and flew to the ball.

On the safety: TCU slanted right. Both Panzer and Johnson got pushed backwards. Johnson rode his guy so deep into the endzone it didn't affect the play. Panzer's guy made the play, pushing Hadley into Deuce, and left the guard lying on his back in the endzone. He got whooped.

TCU 3rd and 8 with 515 left in Q2. Matlack diagnosed screen and came within 6 inches of making a big stop, tracking down the RB from the other side of the formation. It looked like a play where they tried to use him in the hybrid Duke role and he's just not quite there yet.

I wonder if Daniel Green will test the NFL this off-season. His angles and finish were so good.

Last edited by a moderator:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News