ADVERTISEMENT

Basketball recruiting Recapping the day in K-State hoops recruiting

Matt Hall

All-American performer
Gold Member
Dec 4, 2001
Okay, let's try and get everything clarified - as much as possible - around K-State basketball recruiting.

K-State entered the off-season with no scholarships to give.

The Wildcats have officially opened up (2) scholarships with the public departures of Mawdo Sallah and Amaad Wainright.

K-State has signed Austin Trice and Shaun Williams, which technically puts them even at scholarships right now.

The Wildcats have offers extended to four 2018 prospects right now - Mark Smith (Illinois transfer), Matthew Moyer (Syracuse transfer), Anthony Tarke (NJIT transfer) and Dexter Dennis (prep player) - despite technically having no scholarships to give.

Bluntly put, and as discussed here for a couple of days, there's serious concern Shaun Williams will not qualify. Williams told DY/KSO on Wednesday that he plans to be here in June - sources have continued to discuss the greater likelihood that he'll go the prep route and be a 2019 recruit.

I have stated that I believe K-State will have two more scholarships to give out this year - meaning I expect another transfer I am not in a position to name.

This, in theory, would mean K-State would sign a class of three: Trice, ???, ???

K-State would feel great about getting Williams again in 2019 if he has to go the prep route.

Today alone, K-State has visited Tarke (2018), Dennis (2018), McCullar (2019), Williamson (2019), Collinsworth (2019) and Lohner (2020).

Bruce Weber and Chris Lowery will also be in Columbus Sunday evening with Matthew Moyer's parents.

Dennis (2018 prep recruit) will announce his commitment Saturday at 10 a.m.

Tarke (2018 transfer) will visit Manhattan before the end of April.

Moyer (2018 transfer) also should visit Manhattan this month.

Smith (2018 transfer) is believed to be visiting Mizzou this weekend.

I'm sure there could be something missed, but I believe that's the most comprehensive, somewhat simple update I can give into the current situation.

Last edited by a moderator:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News