ADVERTISEMENT

regular season is over and as promised I waited to comment again

okiecatfan

On the depth chart
Aug 4, 2002
Well Bruce did not make it to .500 in the league which confirms where I thought this team was headed. Barring a really great showing by the Big 12 in the Big Dance I think one and all have to admit this is not a very good team and the program is in the dumps CURRENTLY. If you don't think the bottom of the conference is an appropriate place for KSU then we are on the same page.

Should Bruce be fired? IMO probably not but then I don't have any inside on the team that tells me whether there is a split deep enough that nothing short of coaching change would heal it. BUT I sure don't buy Ballers limp attempt to explain the situation. If all Bruce and he tried to blame things on were true then we should not have seen a team that can beat OU twice, ISU and KU but lose to really mediocre teams. If you want to look at the other side of the coin maybe the only thing preventing a complete meltdown is the fans and the Octagon of Doom lifting the level of play?

My original point on Bruce was not so much about him but that the hero worship attributed to Currie---once again for those with short memories I think he is a great fiscal AD---would consider maybe he is not qualified to be making coaching decisions and most especially in regards to our mainstay football program based on his one big hire---Bruce. If after another year we are still the lower echelon of the Big 12 BB are there any on here besides ARM who would give Bruce another year? And IF this happens would it not complete the same trajectory of Bruce's last coaching stint?

Just a little memory jog for those doing a little taunting after OU lost for the second time to the Cats about my comments on Kruger and Weber. Note where OU ended up and where KSU nose dived too. Care to take that argument up again?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News