ADVERTISEMENT

Returning home, passing through

USMC-0331

Gold Member
Jul 14, 2015
Southwest Wyoming; Virginia
Friends:

Oops.. Jumped the gun. You can see I'm familiar with this stuff.
Graduated in 1970, been a loyal Cat ever since (as donations will attest), but have not been back for a very long time as an active business career--and a wife from Massachusetts--has kept me elsewhere (mostly in Europe). But my dear wife has passed from breast cancer and I have bought a remote cabin in western Wyoming; so, to get to the point..

I am driving out to Pinedale in June and will of course utilize I-70. I wish to spend a couple of days in Manhattan and am looking for the nicest lodging accommodations, closest to the school. Plus, I could use recommendations for nice restaurants near the campus. Fresh from Vietnam, I used to tend bar in Aggieville--pushing 3.2 Coors across the bar at Kite's for a quarter, and it would be a plus if you can suggest the nicest bar in Aggieviille.

I hope to get back in the fall and actually see a game, and this pass-by trip will serve as a recon for more extended visits. I am trying to prove to myself, you see, that one can indeed go home again..

By the way, Bill Snyder is a personal hero, and having known many great leaders (of young men) in my life, I place Coach Snyder solidly within the top ten. No doubt.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News