ADVERTISEMENT

Roster Update with Andrew Von Lintel Commentary

AndrewVonLintel

A solid starter
Nov 20, 2011
Lots of information to discuss so I will jump right in.

In my opinion this is the way things probably went down (absolutely no inside sources).

Bruce realizes that he needs to upgrade talent last fall. Jack K is forced out and we were at the correct amount of scholarships for 2015. Bruce waited for signed commitments before Jack "decides to transfer".

Once again Bruce adds another recruit to the mix and still has Eric Cobb hanging out there. Jevon Thomas is quickly suspended after that and forced out at the end of the year. One would reason that Tre Harris's transfer probably means that we are hot on the trails of another recruit. Bruce's continued recruiting probably implies that we are looking elsewhere at the 5th scholarship.

In my view, they are playing a just in case game with Cobb but someone else will probably get the scholarship. There is nothing nice about Bruce Weber when it comes to recruiting.....

I think that since both transfers were announced together, we should assume that this is all that the coaching staff will push out. My gut feeling is that the rest of the team stays together and we are probably close to adding the 5th scholarship.

Roster Guesstimate

PG Nigel Johnson Kamau Stokes
SG Marcus Foster Barry Brown
SF Justin Edwards Dean Wade
PF Wesley Iwundu Malek Harris
C Stephen Hurt DJ Johnson Brandon Bolden Dante Williams

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News