ADVERTISEMENT

Royals Spring Training

Dazzler

All-Big 12 performer
Gold Member
Jan 7, 2002
this year is very different and hard to get a good take on. The players are playing less than in the past and there is no emphasis on winning. The players apparently feel they can turn on the switch when needed. Last year the Royals were 2nd in the majors in 2 out runs batted in. They also struck out less than any other team. That coupled with a great defense and a superb bull pen, they are the World Series Champions. Do they have all these components this year? Ned and Dayton feel that they do.
The bullpen is supposedly stronger, well I haven`t seen it yet. Huff would be an upgrade over F. Morales. I have yet to see a replacement for Holland. Davis might be better but Holland did have 36 saves and his absence will mean a different pitcher will have to pitch innings to replace him. Soria has been so-so and Hoch a little better.
The players are the same minus Rios. Orlando and Fuentes might be a better combination. Dyson is still a ways off, gordon needs to get back on the beam. Cain and Moose have been hitting, Hoz, not so much. Morales might have to carry the team for awhile. The ream poses a lot of questions at this point.
On the positive side, some of the minor league players might be poised to break out. Same for several of the minor league pitchers. What do you guys think?Question, the Roster for opening day will be set on Friday. Do Dayton and Ned think as highly of Merrifield and Fuentes as I do??

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News