ADVERTISEMENT

Snyder

homcat

On the depth chart
Gold Member
Jan 23, 2004
Let me start by saying, Bill Snyder has done more for KSU then anyone could have ever imagined or thought possible. But You HAVE to score points in today's football. You just don't win many games scoring 16 points. Offensively the game appears the be passing Snyder by.
It was always common thinking that young players had a hard time getting on the field because they struggled with the thick, complicated playbook. Our "useable" playbook can't be more then 2 pages now. Since Colin Klein and the QB run game, our playbook has gotten ridiculously simplistic and unimaginative.
We run the zone read over and over. Who can remember the last time we EVER threw out of the wildcat. It worked great against FAU and Missouri St. but not so good against better athletes when they KNOW to about a 99% certainty that your going to run.
Our passing game throws 0 timing routes. You will never convince me that the reason our receivers never seem open is because they are bad route runners. I am a firm believer that our passing "scheme" is VERY simplistic. Very few crossing routes, 0 screens. Where were the "hot" routes today when they were bringing the house?
Either Snyder needs to find a young innovative play caller or he needs to retire. Dimel is simply NOT going to get it done.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News