ADVERTISEMENT

So IF we end up with Trice, Stewart and Tarke

hooker

Almost on scholarship
Gold Member
Jul 24, 2001
taking the places of Sallah, Wainwright, and Patrick -- are we better? In 2018-19? In 2019-20?

To me, we would have certainly traded up - which is obviously good, even if we had hoped for more.

But the more I think about it, the biggest factor that will influence year-over-year improvement - as usual - will be the improvement of our returning ten players; not new guys.

And there I think we have good reason to be optimistic in that six of the returning ten (Mawien, Diarra, McGuirl, Stockard, Love, and Shadd) will be entering their second years -- having now dealt with the significant learning curves of Year One. They should all be better.

Plus of our four returning veterans, three still would seem to be ascending players: both Wade and Brown are coming off of significantly improved years, and Sneed was nails down the stretch.

So, new transfer drama aside, I'm pretty optimistic that we're going to be considerably better next year -- anything positive that Trice can provide will just be a bonus. Should be a fun year!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News