ADVERTISEMENT

Spring Questions = Defense

gvillecat

All-Big 12 performer
Nov 1, 2001
A lot of positions up for grabs ask the CATS embark on another Spring session.
Probably the two biggest questions marks entering spring is the QB positon and who will replace Cody Whitehair (& Kleinsorge), but there is plenty of competition & questions on defense too.

D-Tackle:
Geary is expected to be a returning starter but with English & Hood leaving the team, who will start next to Geary?
Settles, Seiwert or Dishon appear to be only the options at this time (CJ Reese too).
Juco transfer, Price, will join the team this summer.
I would like to beleive that 1 of the 4 will emerge as a solid starter, but the rotation is certainly a concern.
I'm guessing Seiwert.

D-End:
Jordan Willis will return as a starter, but the other DE spot is up for grabs.
Unlike the D-tackle spot, I feel good about the competition at D-end.
Tanner Wood, Reggie Walker, Davis Clark, and Olomua will compete for the starting spot.
Juco transfer, Bronson Massie, and Freshmean Jordon Robertson could get into the mix as well.

LB:
Lee, Moore, & Davis are returning starters, but there are a lot of up & comers at LBs that are battling for playing time. Sizelove, Tanking, Hughes, Kirby, Sullivan, and Chase Johnston.
Moore & Lee are studs.

Corner:
Duke Shelley should have one spot nailed down.
Donnie Starks, Nate Guidry, Cre Moore, Mack(s), Jordan Noil to name a few will battle for the other corner spot & nickel back. But don't forget about Dozier and DJ Reed, who will join the team in the Summer.
Starks played nickle quite a bit last year, I believe it will be between Cre Moore, Dozier, & DJ Reed.

Safety:
All Big 12 contender, Dante Barnett will return (whoo hoo).
Newlan, Adams, and others will compete for the other starting safety spot.

In a nut shell, the only position that I do not feel very good about is the D-tackle spot.
Hopefully Seiwert, Settles, Dishon, or Price will not only emerge as a starter, but be a force as well.

I believe K-State's defense is going to be very good in 2016/17.... for one, I expect the offense to be improved, which will improve the defense by itself (your defense can't give up yards or points if it's not on the field).

GO STATE !

Last edited:
Reactions: hjnick
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News