ADVERTISEMENT

Stan Weber Border Patrol Recap (don't read if it's just going to upset you)

OCAT

All-Big 12 performer
Sep 11, 2001
-KU is team where they know coach isn't returning. Will they check out or rally around? Very easy question. They will be inspired. Great decision by the AD. Perfect way to handle this. There won't be any bitterness from players and they have comfort level with Beatty finishing year. TX and OU games might be tough, but they'll put forth their best effort tomorrow.

-What about mood of K-State's football team with disappointing season? Tons of concern, upset people, unrest outside Vanier. Inside Vanier, just another week of preparation. Everything you read and hear is no reflection of what's inside the program.

-Nate: But, players don't live in a vacuum now days. They know what's going on. So, how do you think they respond? They don't see any hints of anything different. Business as usual. They are trained very well to just prepare and play (Stan obviously in denial here).

-What about QB situation? If other than Thompson or Delton, who would it be? I don't think you'll see anyone other than Skylar or Alex. Snyder said last night he thought Alex would start. But, Hall or Holcomb would be next if needed.

-How will this play out tomorrow? Look at the two teams on tape, ignore uniforms, and looks like a toss up with KU playing a little better right now. They are healthy and K-State is beat up. But, Snyder has dominated this series and that has to be taken into account......plus being in Manhattan. (Stan goes on & on about fans doing their part....). K-State 21, KU 20.

John Kirby Recap (since it's the sunfeller showdown)

-What about KU's mindset with Beatty gone, but a real opportunity to beat their rival? I think they will be ready to play. Talking to players this week, they know how important it is. It's THE rivalry now that MU's gone.

-How much time did you spend on flighttracker.com yesterday? Crazy day between Dallas and Baton Rouge. I think someone was playing a bad joke.....just to play with people. (I have no idea what he's talking about).

-Who was he seeing in Dallas? I've heard everything from Littrell to Sonny Dykes to Shawn Lester (???).

-I've heard Seth wouldn't be interested in KU......Is Seth a realistic candidate? Oh yeah, I know him. He'd be interested.

-How about Les Miles? I've always felt Les has to be the lead target, especially with the timing of Long's decision. He could get head start on recruiting. Jeff Long is a Pro on coaches searches, and he has a plan.

-Has ship sailed on Dave Doren? I don't know. I do know Dave personally, but don't know if he'd be interested. He's got a Top 25 team now and is pretty well established, so it'd be tough for him to leave. And, he saw first hand how tough it was to succeed at KU.

-Prediction tomorrow? KU is playing better and will play inspired tomorrow, but I just can't go against tradition and what I've personally seen over this serious. I'll say K-State 21-17.

Reactions: ArnAndersonRules
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News