ADVERTISEMENT

Stan Weber on Soren show....a brief recap

OCAT

All-Big 12 performer
Sep 11, 2001
-How has recent recruiting been? Coaches are very excited about the young players in the program. They test out, athletically, as good or better than any other group ever.

-How about QB? Jesse Ertz will be given the first chance. A lot of hype, but he has to perform. If he fails, Hubener will be given the next chance.

-Snyder not shy about benching a QB....even did it with Michael Bishop.

-Do they have weapons at WR? They do have the weapons. Big drop off last year, but with Pringle, Burton, Heath, Zuber, Sutton....WR is much deeper and better.

-K-State has 4 legit RB's. I'm really high on Warmack. Charles Jones so reliable....he'll get first chance. But don't sleep on Delvin and Barnes. Oh, and we know what Silmon can do.

-Question mark is QB play and OL. But, Bill Snyder is the greatest about answering OL questions. A lot of Bill's 25 years we were asking the same question this time of year about OL. Charles Dickey is the best and they're line will come through.....but very young. I have a good feeling that some how, some way the OL will come through and be serviceable.

-How about Stanford? I look at tape and see a couple things. In some regard, I see K-State being able to line up very well against a Stanford type team. K-State can stop a Stanford type offense. Match up very well against them. Then I see McCaffry......and wow, difference maker and the best in football. But, I do see K-State matching up very well.

-If they can somehow neutralize McCaffry, I like the way K-State matches up against Stanford.

(sorry, but he did repeat this several times)

-Do you like the conference schedule and how it lays out? Yes. The road schedule is in the top 5 toughest in the nation. But, they don't bunch up. And, it's home/away...home/away....not a bunch of tough road games in a row. If they can beat WVU (which we have never lost to), then look out. Where are we going to steal road W's.....that's the question. But, Snyder's teams have always done that.

FF:

1. New teams? Cinci and BYU
2. Currie to Tenn? No
3. Cowboys record? 9-7
4. K-State record? 7-5....toughest road schedule in history of program.

(got started late and sorry for grammar as playing catch-up)

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News